Are you ready to put your skills to work in a dynamic and growing company? Are you passionate about technology and want to see video, imagery, and data come to life on big electronic canvases? Are you ready to make a difference and assist us as we help shape the way people think about and use digital signage now and into the future?
We are currently seeking a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to cover the Sports & Entertainment venue market, assisting the General Manager in this same sales vertical.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer is responsible for ensuring that relevant customers, partners, and influencers in the territory (end-users, channel partners, resellers, and consultants) choose and design in our company solutions for their display needs. The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer role requires an ability to prepare detailed proposals, respond to technical information requests, help manage channel partners, and contribute technical information to the sales conversation.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer will think and act strategically and tactically in achieving business results for this market vertical, under the direction of the General Manager, Sports & Entertainment. The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer will contribute to the sales strategy, and act as a technical selling resource to our partners and customers. The successful candidate must work well with internal colleagues in Marketing, Product Development, Technical Support, Sales Operations and other functions, in support of a collaborative, customer-focused organization.
- Prepare detailed proposals to customers
- Proposals will include LED product costs, subcontractor and vendor cost analysis
- Prepare detailed scope of work documents in order to obtain costs of materials (including parts, structures and control systems)
- Prepare project summaries for inclusion in formal bid
- Prepare preliminary project schedules in Gantt chart format
- Meet with potential customers about prospective sales (RFP & non-RFP)
- Prepare & give technical presentations in post bid meetings to attempt to win projects
- Act as Project Manager on projects as needed if others are occupied
- Actively contribute to the ongoing analysis, refinement and execution of business strategies
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting and provider regular and accurate updates to Sales management
- Communicate market and product information to Sales leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years of technology sales experience, which includes at least 5 years of proAV experience required. Prior experience with LED displays required, either in sales or a technical supporting role.
- Prior experience selling into sports venues, clubs and teams preferred
- Track record of demonstrated success being the technical resource on a sales team
- Demonstrated effective English language communication skills; oral, written and presentation, required
- Experience in the Sports or Entertainment industry is also desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Preference for prior experience using Salesforce.com.
- Preference for experience with contemporary productivity and communication tools (eg Skype, Social Media, telepresence, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in fast paced dynamic environment required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and appropriate levels of vehicle insurance
- Travel required 50-80% of the time.
Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.