Do you want a coding career that lets you tap into your creativity? Want to work somewhere that recognizes and rewards your passion for programming? Want to be part of a team that likes to work hard and laugh harder? If so, you could be the developer we've been dreaming of!Plan B is an independently-owned, full-service creative agency in River North and we're on the hunt for a full stack developer for our web development team. This isn't a cubicle farm gig pumping out lines of code for the same under-inspiring financial services client. This is a chance to work on a dynamic mix of digital work for an ever-evolving roster of exciting, high profile brands and companies.
THE DAY-TO-DAY (LAMP ENVIRONMENT)
Our open loft space is a casual, fun environment where every day is another opportunity to put your development prowess to good use, to interact with interesting people, and produce groundbreaking work. We crank out an unbelievable amount of work, in large part due to our highly flexible internal team structure where the workflow of UI/UX designers and art directors seamlessly interfaces with our front and back-end teams. We build emails, websites, landing pages, digital ad campaigns, and custom apps...all from the ground up. And we strive to crush it during normal business hours because we value work-life balance and believe it's important to enjoy life outside of work. If you appreciate predictability in your schedule, this could be your jam. See below to see if you qualify.
- Expert SQL skills and deep experience in MySQL
- Expertise with HTML5 & CSS3 with ability to easily translate designs into fully functional web applications
- Love for the energetic nature of an ad agency environment, juggling multiple projects at once, and comfortable with the idea of deadlines. We pride ourselves on getting shit done!
- WordPress Theme and WordPress Plugin development experience
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, or Materialize
- Experience with API integrations across multiple application environments
- Proficient in Git with version control/repository platform experience (i.e. Github, Beanstalk, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience documenting application specifications and source code*
- Experience with Photoshop and Sketch layouts to build custom websites* Demonstrated experience building responsive, cross-browser compatible websites
- Knowledge of security, usability, and accessibility issues
- Cross-browser and platform testing
- Hybrid and/or Native Mobile application development experience a plus
- SEO-friendly design and development experience a plus
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, CodeIgniter or Symphony a plus
THIS CANDIDATE SHOULD BE
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- A collaborator with an approachable, team-oriented demeanor and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Able to communicate effectively one-to-one and with groups
- Able to write precise, well-organized specifications and proposals
- Able to perform routine hosting administration duties in Linux and Windows environments
- Able to manage complex tasks independently and assist in estimating time for development work
Local Chicago candidates only.
NOTE: Due to the high number of responses, we are regretfully unable to provide a reply to all applicants. Please be assured that your application has been received and if your qualifications meet our immediate needs, someone will be in contact.
Job Type: Full-time
- HTML5/CSS3 & SQL: 8 years (Required)
- agency: 2 years (Preferred)
- GIT and version control/repository: 8 years (Required)
- Wordpress theme & plugin development: 8 years (Required)