Plains is currently accepting applicants for an Analyst position in our Commercial group. The successful candidate will exhibit a high level of professionalism and willingness to learn the Commercial business as it applies to our assets.
Provide market analysis on specific commercial opportunities;
- Interpret and adhere to associated marketing and trading contracts;
- Assist traders with invoicing and contract updates;
- Track supply contracts and volumetric performance;
- Maintain and communicate up-to-date market information (pricing, trends, opportunities, etc) to the marketers and traders
- Maintain multiple spreadsheets to track and report on profit forecasting, budget comparisons, exposure reporting, etc.
- Analyze profits, budgets, etc. and provide variance explanations;
- Prepare budget, volume summaries, pricing documents for various meetings with traders, and management
- Build and maintain relationships while interacting with the Plains’ assets, customers and joint venture partners;
- Liaising with other departments as required
Graduate of a Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a Management program
- 0-5 Years of Industry or related experience
- Prior industry experience is an asset
- Highly motivated with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong willingness and desire to learn;
- Goal oriented and able to contribute as a team player;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Advanced computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Power BI and RightAngle experience is an asset
- Enjoys working with multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to January 21, 2019
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however