Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
PMC is looking to fill the position of Analyst, Research within the Strategic Planning group based in the Calgary corporate office. The primary role of the Analyst will be to conduct fundamental research and analysis as it relates to the crude oil, natural gas, and NGL markets. The Analyst will assist in quantifying existing, new and expanded business opportunities for the long-term direction of the company. This role will require coordination with Business Development, Acquisitions & Divestitures, Trading, and Marketing to convert research and data into specific value added ideas and recommendations. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to apply their in-depth understanding of the energy markets to corporate decision making.
Research, compile and evaluate company, industry and market data as it pertains to projecting regional supply/demand balances for crude oil, natural gas and NGLs;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models to assist in developing both short and long term fundamental outlooks as well as market views;
- Create presentations that clearly illustrate opportunities for senior management review. This includes economic benefits, strategic fit and risks to existing or new business;
- Coordinate with several internal groups to quantify the potential of new or existing business;
- Follow industry trends and news to assess impacts to the business and identify opportunities and risks
- University Degree in Commerce, Economics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline;
- Possess or be working to toward a professional designation (CFA, CBV, CA, MBA) is preferred;
- 2+ years progressively responsible research and analysis experience in the energy sector;
- Outstanding financial modeling and data analysis skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Demonstrated understanding of the North American energy industry;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to craft clear and concise messages to explain trends and strategy in corporate presentations;
- Strong attention to detail, proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and handle high-stress deadlines;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Experience with Bloomberg, Microsoft Power BI, and/or ArcGIS considered an asset; and
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to June 19, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted