Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is looking to fill the position of Manager, Business Development (West Area) based in our Calgary corporate office. Reporting to the Director, Pipeline Development, the primary role of the position is assist in developing and implementing growth opportunities while providing leadership and mentorship to other team members. This position will interact with various internal departments including Supply, Marketing, Commercial assets (pipelines and facilities), Engineering and Operations. In addition, this position provides the opportunity to interact with senior management, negotiate with external customers, and exposure to look at business opportunities in crude, condensate, and NGL pipelines, as well as fractionation, rail, and storage. The incumbent will be responsible for effective asset management (including major capital expansions and project development), project management, budgeting and logistics.
Identifying prospects, helping lead negotiations and preparing agreements with potential customers and other counterparties;
- Coordinating and collaborating with multi-discipline, cross-functional teams comprised of internal departments (including but not limited to Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Environmental, Land, Legal and Regulatory) to identify opportunities, produce scopes of work, identify project risks and mitigations, evaluate project economics, and produce development plans and business cases;
- Evaluating project economics, preparing management presentations and presenting investment opportunities for updates and approvals;
- Identifying, developing and maintaining business relationships with new and/or existing customers and other key industry representatives;
- Gathering market intelligence on producer plans, competitive projects other fundamentals affecting Plains;
- Understanding changing market conditions and identifying revenue growth opportunities;
- Understanding logistical and operational issues, and facilitating their efficient resolution; and
- Providing leadership to analysts and specialists with direction on project analysis, economics, drafting and preparing project documents.
5 to 10 years of prior work experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably upstream or midstream sector;
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business, economics or finance;
- Must be able to analyze all aspects of business arrangements (technical, financial, contractual, legal, operational and marketing);
- Basic knowledge of pipeline and terminal operations, ideally including knowledge of Plains pipeline and/or NGL business;
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task and work on wide variety of projects in a deadline orientated environment;
- Well-developed oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Proven collaborator with the ability to focus on overall success of the organization;
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume online prior to June 25, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.