Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is an industry-leading transportation and midstream provider specializing in transportation, storage, processing and marketing solutions for crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs). PMC also operates strategically-located facilities for crude oil and NGL storage, separates NGL from natural gas and fractionates NGL into pure liquid petroleum gas (LPG) products, including propane and butane.
Fueled by our strong leadership team and a dedicated employee base, combined with our expertise in marketing, logistics and our asset base, PMC is well-positioned to provide our customers with flexible, value-added services now and in the future.
Our Commercial team is a talented group of professionals who are focused on Bigger Opportunities, Bolder Moves and Broader Perspectives!
Plains is currently accepting applicants for Specialist positions within our Analytics & Market Fundamentals group. The successful candidates will exhibit a high level of professionalism and willingness to contribute to an exciting and ever-changing market environment by analyzing market data and running models in support of the Commercial Trading and Strategy teams.
Responsibilities (may vary by role):
- Provide market analysis on specific commercial opportunities;
- Evaluate project economics, prepare management presentations, and present commercial opportunities for updates and approvals;
- Conduct detailed quantitative analysis to support the development of short- and long-term Crude Oil and NGL fundamental outlooks;
- Identify and evaluate the implications of major trends and developments in regional Crude Oil and NGL markets and supply/demand balances;
- Maintain and communicate up-to-date market information (pricing, trends, opportunities, etc.) to marketers;
- Maintain multiple models to track and report on profit forecasting, budget comparisons, exposure reporting, etc.;
- Coordinate and collaborate with multi-discipline, cross-functional teams comprised of internal departments (including but not limited to Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Environmental, Land, Legal and Regulatory) to identify opportunities, produce scopes of work, identify project risks and mitigation's, evaluate project economics, and produce development plans and business cases
- Collaborate with internal groups to develop and maintain relationships with new and/or existing customers and other key industry representatives; gather market intelligence on producer plans, competitive projects, and other fundamentals affecting Plains;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field including Commerce, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Math or Management program
- Minimum 5-10 years of prior work experience in Commercial area of the Oil & Gas industry, from upstream production through to midstream or downstream refining.
- Preference given to individuals with experience in Crude Oil, Condensate and NGL’s.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to contemplate all aspects of opportunities (technical, financial, contractual, legal, operational and marketing);
- Ability to multi-task and work on a wide variety of projects in a deadline driven environment while maintaining thorough, fact-based analysis and recommendations;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Advanced computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with data management, data governance and/or advanced analytical platforms would be an asset;
- Enjoys working with multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Our employees drive our success. At PMC, hard work is rewarded with competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed to keep you safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver the best results to our stakeholders but we also respect our employees need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our great benefits program.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Learn more .
All applicants not chosen for an interview shall have all personal information permanently deleted or disposed of with the exception of their resume, which will be kept on file in the event that another suitable position becomes available.