PlaceSpeak is a location-based citizen engagement platform that connects residents and citizens with governments and businesses in their own neighbourhoods. Our mandate is to promote meaningful dialogue on local issues. PlaceSpeak transforms the way people interact with local decision-makers and makes it possible to genuinely communicate based on where you live.
About the Role
We're seeking a Full Stack Software Developerto join our Vancouver, BC based team. It's a small team and you'll have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product. If you pride yourself on exacting attention to detail, thrive under tight deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment, and have a strong sense of humour, then this is the job for you.
The Full Stack Software Developerwill:
- Deliver everything from front-end improvements, to broad scale back-end services and APIs
- Collaborate with other team members to define, design and ship new features
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability
- Architect major platform innovations and integrations.
- Participate in joint planning exercises.
- Help identify and solve web development issues experienced by clients and translating client requirements into a functional design.
- 3+ years experience building high performance, reliable web enterprise-level applications
- Advanced knowledge of Python (2.7)
- Experience with Django ( < v1.9.)
- Experience with ReactJS, preferably ES5, and React-Redux
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience creating and maintaining requirements documents, strategic plans and roadmaps
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Preferred (but not required)
- Experience with Linux
- Exposure and experience with automating daily tasks (Grunt/Gulp/etc.)
- Experience with Jira (or equivalent defect management application/system)
- Experience with agile and scrum development methodologies
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG2 AA) best practices
- Experience using source control software (Git)
This is a full-time position based in Vancouver, BC. Please apply with a cover letter and your resume
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Web Development: 3 years (Required)
- ReactJS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 2 years (Required)