You'll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless. In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, we offer competitive pay and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our dynamic Team in our new South San Francisco office - supporting Paving, Grading, & Civil construction projects.
- This position will help administer construction project(s) operating primarily in the City of San Francisco.
- The Project Engineer (PE) will be expected to obtain an in-depth knowledge of the plans, specifications, site conditions and requirements for the work which is assigned to you.
- Work closely with Project Management and support staff to ensure project is delivered on time & on budget.
- The PE will have responsibility for all contract administrative duties for the project(s) assigned, including submittals, RFI s, daily reporting, procurement and material tracking, quantity tracking, safety reporting, quality reporting, project cost estimating and project close-out.
- This is to be accomplished in conjunction with practicing ethical business transactions, adhering to the safety policies, values and beliefs while pursuing the company's short and long range goals.
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field - may substitute degree for field experience
- Minimum of (1) years' experience in construction or engineering with an emphasis on Civil Projects
- Experience with Concrete, Paving, or Civil Construction
- Working knowledge and ability to direct the operation of at least the following management systems: accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates and subcontracts
- Proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization, delegation as well as teaching and mentoring
- Ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates
- Ability to access all areas of the construction site
- Previous experience / knowledge of City & County Municipal requirements and specifications.
- Excellent people skills & works well with others - team player!
- Self-starter & educator
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Possesses excellent organizational/coordination skills
- Computer Skills must include: Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Access), P6 Scheduling and/or
Job Type: Full-time
- Paving & Grading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction Project Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)