Place des Arts seeks a creative, highly motivated and capable team player to coordinate the organization’s music programs and events.
Place des Arts
Founded in 1972, Place des Arts is a not-for-profit arts education centre with a mission to inspire the artist in everyone. Located in the historic Maillardville neighbourhood of Coquitlam, we offer quality instruction for all ages and skill levels in the visual, literary and performing arts. Our Artisan Shop and galleries support local emerging artists, and our events and performances make Place des Arts a cultural hub, drawing together diverse members of the community to experience the arts.
Reporting to the Program and Events Coordinator, you will work closely with fellow programmers to develop and implement an annual season of arts programs and events. You are responsible for the coordination and delivery of all music programs, subsidized programs and the coordination and implementation of annual events including a concert series and awards gala. You are a quick learner, adaptable, detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational, critical and creative thinking skills. This is a permanent full-time (37.5 hour per week) position. You must be available for evening and weekend shifts.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a season of music programs in conjunction with the Program and Events Coordinator and fellow programmers including, but not limited to:
- private lessons and group classes, including ensembles
- master classes
- scholarship/bursary awards program
- student concerts
- teacher recitals
- piano teacher-in-training program
- Develop, coordinate and implement the organization’s fully subsidized multi-disciplinary programs including a week-long summer art camp
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of the annual Faculty Concert Series and Scholarship Awards Celebration
- Prepare and monitor program and event budgets
- Recruit and liaise with teachers regarding program development and delivery, including course descriptions, class scheduling supplies and room set-ups
- Evaluate program status prior to the start of programs, liaise with teachers, students and other staff to inform of changes
- Support Communications Coordinator with program promotion, targeted marketing and website maintenance
- Evaluate programs and prepare an annual program report
- Identify volunteer opportunities in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Background and degree, or equivalent experience and education in music, education or related arts discipline
- Excellent working knowledge of standard Microsoft office software
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization
- Experience working with children and youth
- Knowledge of ActiveNet Recreation Management software an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector check
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to relate to children
- Willing to work evenings and weekends, as required
This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hours/week) with a starting salary of $48,000. Benefits include extended health, Municipal Pension Plan and 12 paid sick days per year.
How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Joan McCauley, Executive Director by May10, 2019. We thank all prospective applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Place des Arts is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Place des Arts
c/o Joan McCauley
1120 Brunette Ave.
Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1G2