About the Pixie Project:
The Pixie Project focuses on finding life-long matches between pet and adopter and for that reason our adoption process is a bit more in-depth than some other shelters. We appreciate the opportunity to sit down and talk with any person or family looking to adopt a new pet so we can best help them find an animal that suits their home and lifestyle. We have a variety of animals of all ages, sizes, and breeds, so if you are considering adding a pet to your home. The Pixie Project is raising the bar on animal rescue! Located in Portland, Oregon, Pixie's goal is to transform animal adoption and rescue into a fun, family-friendly and positive experience by taking a hands-on, personal approach to each and every adoption. Pixie is committed to the art of match-making between pet and person! For more information, please visit www.pixieproject.org
Reporting to the Development Director, the Staff Accountant is charged with supporting budgeting and accounting activities for the Pixie Project. Will work closely with bookkeeper to keep departments updated on what is coming in and going out and help ensure bills are paid in a timely manner. Provide regular budget updates to departments to ensure clarity to departmental spending. Provide financial reports and data as needed.
- Document and maintain policies, procedures, and workflows for assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Work with staff on financials, budgets, and long term planning. Determine where we can be cost-effective and evaluate financial situations to suggest alternatives to strengthen the organization.
- Contribute to departmental and organizational special projects as assigned.
- Analyze internal and external data to identify long-term trends impacting program delivery, fundraising event success, and external opportunities and threats facing the organization.
- Work with the Development Department to prepare and review budgets for submission in response to requests for proposals.
- Work with bookkeeper to reconcile bank accounts, keep invoices and deposits organized.
- Perform research on historical accounting transactions.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years' related experience. Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to handle details while pursuing overall goals and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings, weekends, non-standard hours and over-time, as needed.
- Passion for the mission of the Pixie Project
- Deep commitment to the goals of the organization
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small, dynamic team
- Energetic, hard-working, team player
- Positive, enthusiastic, professional image in representing the Pixie Project, both internally and externally
- Discretion with confidential information
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position with vacation/sick time. Salary range is $14.00 - $16.00 dependent on experience.
Please submit the following application materials to Human Resourceswith Staff Accountant in the subject line:
- Cover letter including:
- Relevant experience and qualifications
- Salary expectations
- Why you want to work for Pixie Project
Pixie Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a commitment to diversity in the workplace. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The position will remain posted until filled. No phone inquiries, please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Budgeting: 4 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Preferred)
- Portland, OR 97232 (Required)
Hours per week: