Imagine working for an exciting, fun, entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making an impact via cruelty-free fashion. That's Pixie Mood. Right now we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and help shape our story.
Pixie Mood is a Toronto-based brand that specializes in vegan-friendly fashionable handbags and accessories. Our tagline is "Style Without Compromise" and we don't make that claim lightly! We design and wholesale our products to over 500 retailers across North America and have had exciting developments in 2019 including making Oprah's Favorite Things. We are a small but fast-growing company where things are always moving - everyday is fresh and exciting. Our workplace values teamwork, collaboration and open communication.
If you are a digital-savvy and passionate communicator, this might be the role for you.
We are looking for a bright and passionate individual to join the team as a Marketing Coordinator - Social Media & PR. This individual will play a key role in the Marketing Team to create beautiful content that engages our social media audiences, and nurture new and existing PR relationships with brands/influencers as we grow our brand. The ideal candidate will have an uncanny sense for identifying fashion/social trends to create content and manage our social media. This job will work out of our head office during regular business hours and may require additional hours during evenings and weekends to engage with our online communities, and the occasional promotional event. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are looking for a work environment to stretch their creative muscles, and build their marketing superpowers.
- Assist in management, maintenance, and growth of all social media platforms, including researching relevant (& emerging) industry trends & technologies, participating in relevant events and connecting with potential brands or influencers
- Content creation (copywriting, content curation, imagery) for Pixie Mood's digital platforms as the voice of the brand, including Social Media engagement. We have some dedicated creative resources but the candidate will need to be able to create content independently
- Assist in market research & competitive analysis leading to keep our strategy and tactics fresh and effective
- Assist in the planning, development, and production of all media, and online marketing campaigns
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the campaigns & content execution you have helped develop!
- Identify & nurture relationships with brands and influencers to build partnerships and collaborations
- Assist in PR coordination activities (response to inquiries, tracking of press coverage, etc.)
- Actively participate in our weekly marketing meetings with execution ideas and industry trend insights
- Play a key part in the long-term evolution of our brand as we grow!
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our brand.
- Visual and promotional creativity, imagination and innovation
- Prior experience (personal or professional) in creating content or developing an online community.
- You have a passion for fashion - you live, read, and dream about fashion
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Positive can-do attitude, interested in learning and is resourceful (can figure stuff out by researching online)
- Able to work efficiently independently and in teams. Can look ahead to identify what needs to be done, and execute under minimal supervision, providing updates.
- Likes working hard and having fun!
- One to three years marketing experience preferred - prior industry experience isn't required but is a definite asset
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Experience or knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Photography skills a plus
Job Type: Full-time