ABOUT PIXEL TOURS
We’re a product strategy, design and development consultancy with a diverse portfolio of projects, from VR/AR to Financial Technology to Early Child-hood Education . We’re looking for people with sharp eyes, and even sharper minds to join our growing team.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
Want to work with the cutting-edge Web technologies and native mobile development platforms, to build and deliver products that actually solve the user's problem. Understand and pursue learning as a life-long achievement. Love to learn and play with new frameworks and new tech be it mobile VR.
Are committed to writing well-documented code, following and constantly improving best practices, and believe that the only place for waterfalls are on nature hikes.
Are an innovative developer that can take problem descriptions and map the path to implementation, consistently delivering high-quality code. Bring a problem-solving attitude and approach to development. Never want to say, "not my domain".
Are someone who takes pride in the fact that you’re self-driven, communicative, quality-focused, goal-oriented and pursue learning as a lifelong achievement.
Have a University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Understand the value of in-office team collaboration, while embracing the idea that unnecessary commuting is a creativity killing waste.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work together with with our small team of designers, developers, strategies and our clients, to deliver cutting edge responsive web applications and native mobile applications;
- Design, build and maintain high quality, reliable, tested code;
- Act as technical lead on projects evaluating and recommending technology choices, assisting with estimation, execution, and deployment of new mobile applications and web applications
- Participate in peer code reviews to ensure quality, re-usability, and ease of maintenance.
- Actively participate in Scrum Planning/Standup and Retrospectives.
Pixel Tours is located in North East Toronto, near Victoria Park and Finch at 151 Placer Court. This is located at the Pixel Tours office with some flexibility for work from home days and only occasional travel to customer sites.
- 4+ years experience building production-grade web and mobile applications;
- Minimum 3 years full-time industry experience writing native iOS and Android applications;
- A passion for creating beautiful testable code;
- An eye for implementing pixel perfect designs;
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Multiple mobile apps published and/or open source projects (Github/Bitbucket/etc);
- Experience with responsive websites, CSS and various web frameworks;
- Experience communicating with REST APIs, and parsing XML / JSON;
- Team-player with strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Unity development experience is a bonus.
- 3 weeks vacation;
- Competitive benefits package;
- Friendly work environment;
- Coffee & Snacks;
- Flexibility to schedule work from home days, we know that sometimes traffic is crazy or life requires you to be offsite;
- Plus, get hands-on with the latest AR/VR devices and other exiting new technology!