Pivotal's Story VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H1aJJpm0U )
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations' core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world's most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission--to transform how the world builds software.
As the face of Pivotal seated at the reception desk, the Workplace Operations Coordinator is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service while acting as "air traffic controller", managing day to day operations and maintaining an organized, best in class work environment. The Workplace Operations Coordinator is expected to support local Pivotal teams and managers as well as interface with building management and vendors. A significant portion of this role is to plan and execute events that drive employee engagement, morale and company culture as well as provide ongoing support for sponsored events hosted onsite.
As a member of the Workplace Operations team, this role will partner with global peers to share experiences, and brainstorm new ideas to ensure consistency of brand and culture among Pivotal offices.
Pivotal's Finance, Operations, and Real Estate teams create the commercial, physical, and cultural frameworks that help us grow and scale. We collaborate to keep our business running smoothly and ensure we stay on track to meet (and exceed) our goals. We also design and support work environments that reflect our culture and help you reach your highest potential
You are chartered to support the productivity and happiness of our key stakeholders--the client, the coworker, and the community--by assessing the daily and future needs of the office and delivering a consistent brand experience that demonstrates our core values. You act as the first impression, the main point of contact, and the knowledge base of our office. You personify our culture and ensure that all who walk through our doors feels as though they belong.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Be the Host/Hostess: The client always comes first! Be warm and welcoming while greeting employees, clients and visitors, answering incoming phone calls and conference room scheduling support. Manage our digital visitor registration system with a personal touch.
- Be a Culture Curator: Plan and execute internal events that support employee engagement and Pivotal culture. Provide support for sponsored events onsite.
- Own the Details: Supervise janitorial staff and ensure that office standards of cleanliness are maintained for all areas including: kitchen/cafe, event space, conference rooms, and game areas. Ensure that conference and training rooms are always tidy, accessible and stocked with supplies and ready for the next strategy session. Maintain inventory of all facilities related supplies, including management of asset inventory of non IT equipment (desk, chairs etc.).
- Be an Organizational Strategist: Provide support to office leadership, as needed. Manage vendors service levels including: caterers, snack and beverage vendors, janitorial teams, building maintenance personnel as well as landscape and security personnel, as needed.
- Be a Financial Partner: Support procurement processes to ensure adherence to facilities budgets and oversight of vendor payments.
- Squash Emergencies: Manage internal "Ask" tickets, support IT with resolution of internet outages, replace broken equipment, or recognize a potential issue before anyone realizes there's a problem.
- Be a Welcome Wagon: Welcome new employees by setting up new hire workstations in coordination with HR and IT. Provide HR support with room scheduling for interviews and new hire set-up.
- Be a Safety Guard: Ensure security standards are maintained and processes are properly followed. Administer badge program for all employees, clients, vendors and visitors. Manage health and safety programs, emergency evacuation plans, ERT team oversight and maintenance of first aid supplies and AED units.
- Be a Planning Assistant: Be familiar with the office teams and maintain accurate office headcount and seating data and team allocations. Establish communication with team leads to support understanding of team requirements and changes. Assist with all employee and departmental office moves.
- Be a Distribution Center: Support and facilitate shipping and receiving
- Be a Broadcaster: Provide timely communications to employees regarding Pivotal events, building related issues, weekly meal plans and general facility information. Be a resource for information for the employees, customers and guests.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Facility, Event & Vendor management experience
- Budget management and Corporate purchasing systems knowledge
- Great attention to detail with solid organizational skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and dedication and able to work independently
- Working knowledge of Google mail and it's applications; Freshservice ticketing system experience is a plus
- Persistent enthusiasm and friendly attitude with a professional edge that leads your way
- Flexible Schedule (occasional weekend/evening required)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.