About Us VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohREsVH5ND8&feature=youtu.be )
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world's largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission--to transform how the world builds software.
We care deeply about recruiting and developing exceptional talent. Pivotal seeks to add new voices and perspectives to our vibrant community because we know it leads to the most innovative solutions and most successful teams. We hire for empathy, collaboration and excellence. Learn more about what Pivotal is doing to cultivate our community - D&I @ Pivotal ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iecwwf7N2weEl4ZHgyTHgtb2NPUE82NDBJU0Z5c3d2UU93/view?usp=sharing ).
You have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You're comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You're agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our customers.f
Us VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjPSz8Xs7Q )
Pivotal Labs ( https://pivotal.io/labs ) is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world's most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP, lean startup and user-centered design.
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice and teach an approach to software engineering that applies across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace - you'll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Empathy and strong communication skills
- Interest in a pair-programming environment
- Experience in training, mentoring, and/or upskilling engineers
- Experience with a variety of agile methodologies
- 5+ years in Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages (.NET Core, Java, React)
- Ability to travel at a Minimum of 20% to client locations
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience build cloud-based enterprise software
- Experience leading a product or development team
- Experience building and deploying in a continuous delivery environment
- Experience with advanced type systems
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience in Test Drive Development (TDD)
- Experience navigating complex organizations
- BA/BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.