About Us VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohREsVH5ND8&feature=youtu.be )
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world's largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission--to transform how the world builds software.
We care deeply about recruiting and developing exceptional talent. Pivotal seeks to add new voices and perspectives to our vibrant community because we know it leads to the most innovative solutions and most successful teams. We hire for empathy, collaboration and excellence. Learn more about what Pivotal is doing to cultivate our community - D&I @ Pivotal ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7iecwwf7N2weEl4ZHgyTHgtb2NPUE82NDBJU0Z5c3d2UU93/view?usp=sharing ).
You are someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment. Our project teams can include PMs, designers, engineers, data scientists and other roles - and pairing across these specialties leads to incredible results.
You can't get enough of product and learning. Our clients come from nearly every vertical out there and you'll be able to work hand-in-hand with the decision makers in each. In fact, you will be partnering directly with a client PM and coaching them on modern product development practices.
You enjoy being a leader and an influencer. In this role, you will work with the project team, client executives and the entire spectrum of PMs (project, product, program and any similar roles that a client may have) - to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client's users.
You bring a balanced, holistic and flexible mindset to product development. We share the overall success of the product with our clients. This means that we don't just help our clients ship features, or define and validate product direction. We do what needs to be done to ensure that both the product and the engagement are successful.
You are comfortable with ambiguity. We work in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making trade-offs. This requires us to be comfortable moving forward with imperfect information.
Pivotal Labs has been building high reliability software for over 20 years. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients, and have a growing practice building applications for the iOS and Android platforms. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of software developers worldwide.
We're looking for a passionate Product Manager who knows how to help define, de-risk and execute against a product vision. This is a consulting role that demands being able to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues on cross-functional and co-located product teams. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility and an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices.
We practice and teach an approach to product management that is applicable across industries and organizations, so you'll experience all types of teams, industries and products. We believe in working at a sustainable pace - you'll typically work hard for 8 hours each day, but then you're off work to relax, recharge and refocus.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience with two of the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies, working directly with clients
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience building and deploying software with or inside enterprise scale organizations
- Experience consulting with external facing clients
- Experience working directly with clients and leading projects
- Experience shipping both new products as well as improving upon existing ones
- Experience leading or supporting user research
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.