As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations' core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world's most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission--to transform how the world builds software.
The Cloud Foundry team at Pivotal in Toronto is looking for a great product manager to join us in building the next generation of PaaS based products to help the biggest and most influential companies on earth transform how they build and operate software.
You believe that enabling our customers to get new features to market quickly is the best way to remain competitive in the market. You are passionate about delivering software and believe that application developers should be empowered to do what they do best, writing and shipping code and you want to make Pivotal Cloud Foundry the best place to do this.
You have an an interest in and understanding of the Cloud market, you can talk passionately about the latest technology trends and share your views on technology with us.
You enjoy digging into technical detail while keeping an eye on the bigger picture of how a product fits into company strategy and, fundamentally, makes money.
You can identify clear incremental steps forward to achieve a product vision.. You enjoy working closely with engineers to refine the details and ensure that the emerging implementation does what you expected, and you're also able to shift direction responsively as requirements change.
You might have a background in Agile Product Owner / Product Management, held a job as a software engineer or system operations and have a strong interest in agile software delivery.
At Pivotal Cloud Foundry we transform how the world deploys and scales software, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver platform capabilities so customers can accelerate their time to market for software solutions. Our engineers pair program, all-day every day, because we know it delivers remarkable results. They also work in small teams, and rotate between them frequently so that they are able to meet everyone in the organization.
As part of the team in Toronto, you will be working on making Pivotal Cloud Foundry the place to run your applications and consume data services. We are enhancing the core platform to provide a self-service marketplace with a range of tightly integrated offerings to empower Application Developers to quickly and easily consume the right data service for their needs. In addition to this we're also building a range of enterprise grade data products to offer on the platform.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry is located within the heart of Downtown Toronto (1 Toronto Street), which is easily accessible by Streetcar and Subway. To make sure you start your day energized, we provide a catered breakfast every weekday morning, and unlimited snacks/drinks are of course available all day. Our collaborative, open-plan office space is filled with talented people who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks or playing ping pong.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work with a provided product vision, refine and validate this and then break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets your requirements
- Focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- Focus on continuous delivery of product features to customers, improving the efficiency of our delivery cycles and getting feedback on if we are building the right thing
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings
- Actively engage customers and the community of users
- Passion for enabling team members
- 2+ years of Agile Product Owner or Product Management experience
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
- Ability to navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and take charge of solving problems
- Previous success working with an agile development team such as Scrum or XP
- Experience working with small and growing teams to ship products to market is a plus
- Background in IT operations or software development
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In ("Pivotal") is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotal.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).