Pivotal's Story VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H1aJJpm0U )
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world's largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to make software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have a strong passion for leading Agile and Lean methodologies to sell and execute on world-class product development.
Us VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvjPSz8Xs7Q )
Pivotal Labs ( https://pivotal.io/labs ) is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world's most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP, lean startup and user-centered design.
We're looking for an Associate Director for our office. The Associate Director (AD) has four primary contributions to make to Pivotal Labs:
- Act as Client Liaison on selected client engagements. In this role, the AD is responsible for [a] shipping high-quality software and driving customer satisfaction, [b] taking responsibility for realization of client goals as well as financial results for Pivotal.
- Ensure engagement success and client satisfaction
- Set up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Collaborate with clients to create and manage expectations
- Define needed updates on engagement activities and lead meetings to discuss
- Play an active role in managing team and engagement health
- Train, mentor, and develop Pivots on a constant, ongoing basis to improve their performance and morale
- Work closely with Pivotal account teams to contribute to and execute on customer Engagement Plans
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Contribute to selling activities on behalf of Pivotal Labs, and other products and services offered by Pivotal Software.
- Represent Pivotal Labs by supporting sales activities, conducting tours and executive briefings, leading scopings and helping with follow up
- Work closely with account teams to determine best use of Labs services for key clients
- Collaborate with account teams and sales operations to create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Actively recruit and own relationships with Startup leads and "non-named" accounts
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Coordinate with the larger Account Teams to coordinate selling motions and present a unified voice for Pivotal to clients.
- Monitoring and improving the recruitment, training, development, and retention of Pivots.
- Enhancing Labs' practices and knowledge (methods, ways of working, offering development, training methods) by working with members of the Labs Practices Council to help identify new ideas and methods from client work.
Beyond the Primary Contributions, ADs are also expected to contribute to Labs' and Pivotal Software's success in other ways:
- Maximize personal contributions to Labs revenue and cost management through billable client work
- Work with others in Sales and office leadership to develop SOWs with appropriate revenue for AD-provided contributions to Labs work and client success
- Manage teams and record keeping so that Labs' revenue is properly recognized and invoiced
- For teams supervised, manage leakage and other detriments to Labs' revenue
- Manage costs (where applicable, such as travel costs or travel time) so that Labs' financial performance is maintained appropriately
- Consistently drive Pivot learning and development through on-the-job training methods. This will generally necessitate that the AD will maintain work closely with Pivots assigned to their team(s).
- Set up engagements for success, starting with review and knowledge of the SOW, and/or other formal contracting documents
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of Pivot team members and work closely with them to help them succeed and grow
- Be accessible and approachable for team members, and help them (generally before the fact) with technical development, as well as softer skills related to client success.
- Maintain knowledge of Pivotal's primary product offerings, and their value propositions
- Be prepared to articulate value propositions to Pivots and clients
- Support Sales, as needed/appropriate in selling situations which may or may not include Labs, but could result in significant revenue for Pivotal Software
- Support other leadership in the office and Labs-wide in driving towards Labs' financial goals and company values.
- Support Pivotal Software product strategy
- Set an appropriate example for other staff in the office to follow
- Appropriate personal and business maturity
- Deliver results and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
Required Skills / Experiences
- 2+ years in a management/leadership role focused on one of our core practice areas (Product Design, Product Management or Software Development)
- 5+ years consulting experience, working with large enterprise organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.