Pivotal's Story VIDEO ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-H1aJJpm0U )
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations' core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world's most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission--to transform how the world builds software.
We're looking for a passionate Product Manager with industry domain knowledge in application middleware who knows how to define, validate and communicate a product vision. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output [video ( https://vimeo.com/206617354/a4f8a1f8e8 )]. You have strong product instincts and can visualize how different software and saas products can be combined to solve customer problems. You have strong people instincts and can build bridges and forge relationships where none existed before. You enjoy being hands-on with the technology and working closely with the engineering team on setting priorities, making tradeoffs and reviewing work as it is completed. You know how to build relationships and partnerships that are built to last. You have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. You make the time to hone your own craft and contribute to the large product management community. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works. You understand that your obligation to the team is to collaborate whenever possible, but also to comfortably make fast, concrete decisions despite conflicting priorities. You are comfortable with ambiguity and can work independently as needed.
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. We're building Cloud Foundry to be an opinionated platform that transforms how the world deploys and scales software. Hundreds of companies rely on Pivotal Cloud Foundry to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace XP as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Partner collaboratively with R&D, Product, Sales, Sales Engineering, Marketing and other internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, identify and qualify opportunities, collaborate on joint goals and roadmaps, and deliver finished work product
- Work closely with Business Development leads to identify leading ISV partners based on key industry trends (e.g., security) or verified customer requirements.
- Collaborate with customers and Pivotal Sales to define product requirements for partner software integration with Pivotal solutions
- Actively manage the backlog of partner integrations, collaborating with your peers in engineering who will deliver the work that you scope out and prioritize
- Develop and manage partner-facing scorecards to ensure partners understand what is expected of them and how they measure against those goals
- Collaborate with your peers in engineering to develop/improve tools and documentation for Pivotal and Partners
- Collaborate with partners and R&D to align roadmaps, understand feature requests and gaps, and manage expectations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- MBA preferred. CS/EE/Eng background required. Agile certification preferred.
- 5+ years of product management, software development, agile coaching or similar experience, especially with large scale or emerging technology solutions
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
- Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
- Understanding of the IT operations or software development space with a passion for understanding the life of Enterprise IT Operators and Application Developers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.