Our client is a recognized manufacturer who has grown quickly and has a number of Canadian manufacturing plants in the GTA. Their growth has resulted in the creation of a new position - Vice President of Operations. This role will be the leader of all of the Canadian operational facilities. The Vice President of Operations will execute the business operating plans, strategy and initiatives to profitability and growth. This position is responsible for driving a culture focused on results, personal accountability and development of the staff for long term results. The Position will report to the COO in the USA.
* Overseeing all site operations, procurement, engineering, finance, and human resources and work closely in a matrix organization with sales, other global sites and corporate support functions.
* Operational improvement opportunities and the implementation of best-in-class industrial manufacturing practices.
* Executing custom manufacturing orders in accordance with customer expectation and maximizing margins.
* Developing product line global strategy to support market needs and improving competitiveness promote new orders, profitability and growth in both domestic and emerging markets
* Identifying areas of opportunity to improve profitability and reduce lead times including engineering, strategic sourcing, manufacturing
* Overseeing site operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources
* Forecasting and managing annual budgets to achieve desired P&L objectives
* Assessing, leveraging and development of next generation talent
* An undergraduate engineering degree is required. An advanced degree in a relevant discipline is desirable.
* Significant experience working in a similar leadership role. Will have worked at leading industrial technology companies focused on operational excellence and transformational change.
* Lean and or Six Sigma management principles.
* An ability to champion initiatives and drive results to ensure timely completion on plan and within budget with direct and indirect reporting staff
* A history of consistently delivering outstanding sales and profit growth for a global manufacturing enterprise
* Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with the senior management teams
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Strong computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive compensation package, benefits and progressive HR practices.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person - not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 5 minutes to complete.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.