If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where you can learn a lot, and realize your potential, then what you’re really looking for is a job with us.
We’re looking for a Production Supervisor- Cable Operations to join our ever-growing business.
Interaction / Co-operation:
Internal: Production Machine operators, Production Planning (Cable and Assembly Operations), Purchasing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Customer Service Representatives
External: Vendor/suppliers, affiliates
Summary of Position:
Ensure consistent, high-quality cable production operation along all machine centers, incl. primary insulation, twisting, printing, shielding/braiding, jacket extrusion, spiral cable manufacturing & lamination, as well as testing & shipping. Primarily responsible for coordinating all activities related to the planning, directing, and overseeing of the production process and for analyzing the plant’s personnel and capital resources to select the best way of meeting the production goals, reducing costs wherever possible, and ensuring products are produced on time.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
1. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical related field from an accredited University or equivalent work experience
2. Minimum 6 years supervisory experience & minimum 3 years management experience in a manufacturing environment
3. Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to deliver results
4. Strong people skills for team building are essential to this position
5. Able to problem solve and able to react quickly and safely to a situation
6. Able to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
7. Capable of multi-tasking with frequent interruptions and attention to time-sensitive deadlines
8. Strong communication skills- verbal and written
9. Experience with improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six-sigma, etc. considered an asset
10. 4+ years experience with plastic extrusion processes considered an asset
11. Fluency in English. Other languages considered an asset
1. Establish and control production in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications
2. To ensure the achievement of daily, monthly and yearly production schedules
3. To set up, manage and improve manufacturing processes and systems to maximize efficiencies and minimize costs
4. To implement and drive continuous improvement activities
5. Monitor and communicate KPI’s such as scrap, OEE, productivity and develop and execute plans for improvements
6. Manage and control department operating costs
7. Enforce Workplace Safety & Health rules and regulations
8. Other duties as assigned
1. Follows and complies with all corporate rules and instructions (among other Code of Ethics and Social Character).
2. Follow and comply with all required customer safety rules
3. Follow and comply with all designated, start times, break and lunch times while on the customer site
1. Exemplify global and corporate compliances & rules
2. Be aware of derisive or offensive language that may be considered vulgar or go against Harassment policy.
3. Dress and maintain personal hygiene as would be expected in any professional role
4. Utilize good time management skills.
5. Organizes the transmission of knowledge to direct reports & those reporting to the direct reports.
1. Knowledge of Quality Policy and objectives.
2. Active involvement in the development of/or revisions of DP – Document Procedures and TI/WI – Test/Work Instructions.
3. Ensure that all DP – Document Procedures and TI/WI – Test/Work Instructions are followed daily.
4. Review Non-Conformance(s) and develop ways and means to eliminate them.
5. Assist in maintenance of employees’ knowledge of DP – Document Procedures and TI/WI – Test/Work Instructions.
What We Offer:
* Immediate full-time permanent employment
* Competitive Wages
* RRSP match program
* 3 week vacation after 2 years of employment
* Career advancement opportunities
How to Apply.
We use an online application process which will assess your qualifications, traits, and culture fit, as well as your resume. If you decide to apply we would like you to give us a short pitch on why you are perfect for us. You will be asked to provide an impact statement – it is the first thing we will see, so here your chance to make an amazing first impression.
The whole application should take about 5-10 minutes maximum to complete. We will review applications as they are received. Thanks to everyone who applies; if we are not able to meet, we will send you a notice so you know where you stand.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the application process, please let us know.