Our Client is a recognized manufacturer with a number of facilities in the GTA and growing rapidly. The parent Company is USA based and due to expansion and projected growth they have created a new position for a Canadian Financial Controller.
The Controller maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. The position is also responsible for cash management, risk management and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and reporting standards. The position will have a dual reporting responsibility to the Canadian President and the Head Office VP Finance in the USA.
* Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
* Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
* Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
* Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
* Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
* Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Complies with legislated requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
* Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains financial staff (recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees).
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Perform other job duties as assigned
* 7-10 years of Managerial Financial leadership with at least 4 in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
* College degree, Bachlors of Commence preferred
* CPA is mandatory
We will offer the successful candidate a competitive compensation plan, benefits and progressive HR work practices
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person - not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 5 minutes to complete.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.