The Accounts Payable Clerk performs duties primarily related to the accounts payable process including coding, input, reconciliations, processing invoices, printing accounts payable checks, filing check vouchers with supporting documentation, and follows-up on vendor telephone calls. In addition, this position will perform other clerical and accounting functions to be defined as the Department evolves over time including special projects as requested.
- Matches appropriate documentation for processing of invoices to be paid
- Reviews and obtains, when necessary, appropriate and complete documentation and approvals for invoices, expense reports, and other requests for payment
- Ensures a timely payment of accounts payable invoices, including entering invoices into system, the preparation of checks for signature with appropriate support and distribution of checks
- Files all accounting records
- Forwards invoices to appropriate personnel for approvals
- Prints check registers for audits
- Responds to vendor inquiries
- Assists the AP Coordinator and other team members in researching and responding to internal and external questions or problems
- Process incoming and outgoing AP mail
- Performs data entry to support multiple regions
- Email correspondence and follow up persistence
- Some overtime may be required during month end close and year end close
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Must have strong understanding of bookkeeping/accounting to input, process, and maintain accounts payable and general ledger accounts.
- Basic Excel Skills
- Familiar with ERP systems
- 3 - 5 years of accounting/ bookkeeping experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts