We're looking for a Spam Policy Strategist to join our Policy Team to help us keep Pinterest free of spam. Pinterest's mission is to help everyone find the inspiration to create a life they love, and spam is fundamentally contrary to that mission. The spam world is full of dynamic adversaries who change tactics regularly to evade detection; we need to stay a step ahead of bad actors to keep Pinterest the inspiring place our users love. You will draft policies that define spam on Pinterest, create detailed policy enforcement guidance to help our teams fight spam, and collaborate closely with many cross-functional partners across the company.
What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Draft policies that define what spam is on Pinterest.
- Work with technical experts to craft detailed policy enforcement guidance.
- Set priorities, build on industry best-practices, and identify trends and risks in the spam world.
- Coordinate among several cross-functional teams in San Francisco and Dublin.
- Work collaboratively with your Policy Team counterparts who craft content and advertising policies.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a policy or analytic role. Spam experience is a plus.
- Excellent critical thinking skills: you can assess numerous inputs to create your own vision and recommendations on how to move forward.
- A stellar communicator who has strong writing skills and great verbal communication.
- A skilled relationship builder who can successfully develop and maintain partnerships across the company and is comfortable making sometimes difficult decisions.
- Experience working on spam in a policy or technical role and familiarity with the challenges and tools involved in fighting spam.