Working in a fast-paced, technical environment, the Senior Account Executive will ensure success of our mid-market customers by managing the client experience from the initial identification of customers through to the close of the sale ensuring optimal ROI. The role will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers, collaborating with key business executives and stakeholders. The Senior Account Executive will act as a liaison between the customer and cross-functional internal departments to ensure adoption and user engagement that ultimately drives customer retention and growth.
- Develop new and maintain strategic business relationships with major accounts to promote the Company's products and services and profitable business relationships.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and retention by building customer relationships and providing tailored service and creative solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of our software and technology products, operational procedures and collaborates with key operating groups supporting each client.
- Develops strategy to exceed customer expectations, drive growth and demonstrate ROI.
- Establish and maintain strong a professional working relationship with Finance, Customer Support, Product, and Sales Operations and delegate projects/tasks as appropriate.
- Regularly conduct monthly and quarterly strategic business reviews with all customers and oversee development of action plans to address any issues.
- Forecast and track key account performance metrics.
- Identify and secure growth opportunities with customers.
- Perform other job duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree coupled with 5 years of experience in a competitive B2B environment.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in Mobile Technology, GPS Vehicle/Fleet Management Sales
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce and possesses the ability to facilitate professional business reviews and online meetings.
- Strong business and financial acumen; effective at selling to the Executive/Owner level.
- Comfortable navigating gray areas and able to establish and improve processes that benefit the customer relationship.
- Complex and creative problem-solving skills, strategic thinking.
- Emotional intelligence, business intuition, conflict management
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, be accepting to change and able to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to effectively present a solution to the client at all levels to demonstrate business impact and ROI.
- Strong negotiation skills; high level of leadership influence.
- Flexibility to travel accommodating business requirements.
This opportunity includes a generous base salary, commission, car allowance, mobile allowance, company provided lap top and full medical and dental benefits from day one.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process please contact our Human Resources Department.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Bachelors Degree + 3 years of Outside Sales (New revenue)
- Logistics Technology Platform
- Routing, Mobile & Telematics
- Transportation Management
- Customs & Regulatory Compliance
- Global Logistics Network Services
- Broker & Forwarder Enterprise Systems
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales (New Revenue): 3 years (Required)
- Telematics/SAAS/IOT: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Mississauga, ON (Preferred)