About Pinnacle Wealth Brokers Inc.
Pinnacle Wealth Brokers Inc. ( Pinnacle or the Company) is a high growth private market investment banking firm located in Calgary, Alberta. Pinnacle is registered as an exempt market dealer, portfolio manager and investment fund manager in certain jurisdictions in Canada. Pinnacle provides private investment opportunities to qualifying Canadian investors through a network of registered dealing representatives located throughout the country.
Pinnacle has been recognized as one of Canada's fastest growing companies in 2018 by Growth 500 and top growth companies in 2013 by Profit Magazine, as well as one of the Fast 50 Growth companies for both 2013 and 2014 by Alberta Venture Magazine.
The Role of the VP Business Development - Head of Advisor Recruitment
Business development is the creation of long-term value for the organization from customers, markets, and relationships. The candidate's primary responsibility will be to increase new money coming into the Pinnacle investment opportunities. (increase AUA and AUM to the firm)
The VP Business Development - Head of Advisor Recruitment role is an action-oriented role for go-getters who know how to track business leads, articulate the benefits of products and service, and develop a process for driving sales. The VP Business Development - Head of Advisor Recruitment will prospect for new Advisors or Dealing Representative's (DRs) by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential prospects. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential / DR's to do business with the company. All materials must be submitted to the CEO in advance of circulation to ensure brand alignment and compliance.
Above recruiting, the VP Business Development - Head of Advisor Recruitment is also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting solutions and services to DR's. VP, Business Development will work closely with management, marketing, and technical staff. Strategic planning with the Executive Team is a key part of this job description, since it is the VP's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company's competitors.
* Prospect for potential new DR's and turn this into increased business. (Primarily Advisors with books of business)
* Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential DR's by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
* Build relationships with new and prospective DR's.
* Set up meetings between potential Issuers and the Company's Executive Team.
* Create DR surveys to ensure the Head Office is providing what DRs need to be successful
* Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
* Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
* Issuer/ DR Retention
* Create sales tools for DRs and client value proposition
* Present new products and services to DR's
* Work with operational staff and other internal colleagues to meet DR needs.
* Help manage existing DR's and ensure they have the technology, tools, and support needed to be successful
* Business Development Planning
* Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
* Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
* Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
* Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
Management and Research
* Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
* Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
* Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
* Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
* Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
* Help all team members represent the company in the best light.
* Present business development training and mentoring to Branch Managers
* Understand the company's goal and purpose to enhance the company's performance.
Qualification and Ideal Candidate Traits/Skills:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Mutual Funds and Life insurance experience is an asset
* Candidate shall have a minimum of 5 years' experience in sales and marketing, with a proven track record of developing and maintaining customer relationships
* Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
* Effective time management skills and attention to detail
* Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Networking, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of DR Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
Compensation Pinnacle provides a competitive compensation package for suitable candidates based on their knowledge and experience
Job Type: Full-time