Inventory Control Analyst - Manufacturing - Consumer Products - $58 to 63K + bonus + excellent benefits - Vaughan location
Our client is looking for an Inventory Control Analyst to responsible for the end to end process of obsolete inventory management within their operation. Work collaboratively with Operations, Sales, Sourcing, and Warehouse/Plant personnel to identify, compile and publish slow moving, obsolete and excess inventory for liquidation and other actionable dispositions. The end goal is proactively driving category reduction, improved customer service and inventory accuracy. Develop and publish analytical data summaries outlining fiscal period results, impact and progress.
Other responsibilities include:
- Through collaboration with Sourcing and Inventory Managers, identify, compile & execute the timely reporting of obsolete, excess and discontinued inventory for liquidation sale or other disposition. Work closely with Sales and Customer Service on liquidation sales to ensure timely action is taken and correct transactions applied to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Analyze and recommend inventory levels aimed at specific desired days of inventory on hand optimized against seasonal peaks, promotion schedules, and new product launches for all facilities.
- Determine, evaluate, and redeploy obsolete and excessive inventory; collaborate with Sales and Operational leaders to orchestrate promotional sales of excess or slow-moving inventory.
- Calculate and publish slow moving and obsolete supply as needed.
- Lead the transition of discontinued products to new replacement products.
- Recommend standard policies & procedures to ensure adequate control of purchases and inventories.
- Maintain accurate inventory data including new inventory item set-up, product codes, product names, authorized substitutes, and stocking levels for supply planning and inventory management.
- Analyze and recommend strategies to improve fill rate performance, reduce inventory levels, and increase turns.
- Identify and implement obsolete reduction initiatives and continuous improvement ideas. Recommend strategies and corrective action plans for obsolete inventory reduction and drive results
- Analyze, track obsolete materials regularly, for reporting to upper management (i.e. data summaries/charts/graphs).
In order to qualify for this role:
- You must have previous inventory control experience
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
- Inventory Management Principals - In-depth knowledge of Stocking, Inventory Turn Analysis, Inventory Ranking, and Financial Analysis with respect to inventory.
- Computer/IT - database organization, retrieval and analysis techniques, including ERP and Excel software programs.
- Interpersonal - focus on conflict resolution rather than blame; maintain confidentiality; keep emotions under control; remain open to other's ideas and new processes.
- Fluent communication skills and respond well to questions; participate in meetings.
- Quality - demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance, monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - meet productivity standards, complete work in a timely manner; strive to increase productivity,
Additional Skills/Experience required:
- Bachelor degree (BA) or equivalent from a 4-year College or two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, you should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other report writing and project planning software. Experience working in an ERP environment is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $63,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Consumer Packaged Goods: 2 years (Preferred)
- Inventory Control Analyst: 4 years (Required)