The Fibre Business Analyst role is responsible for assisting the overall Fibre Team in analysis, planning, and administration of operational fibre supply and strategic cost management. This includes supporting E2E Fibre procurement & delivery setup thru LIMS; as well as overlap fibre data mgmt and month-end Fibre accounting support thru LIMS. This position reports to the Fibre Optimization Manager (FOM), but will also work closely with the Finance Team and the LIMS Administrator in coordination and execution of the above.
To be value-add in this key role, this person must have proven success in engaging and contributing to a collaborative team while also maintaining a high-level of urgency to problem-solve and drive E2E process across Fibre-Finance departments.
LIMS (3LOG – Log Inventory Management System) is a one-pass centralized fibre management system; combining fibre accounting with support for supplier & contractor payables, vendor and contract management, scale data entry, moisture testing, log and residual inventory, business planning, reporting, and data management.
Thru a structured training program, this person will be expected to not only quickly develop as a key user and system expert for LIMS, but also in their overall fibre procurement and payment process knowledge across Pinnacle.
- Maintain and improve detailed Fibre Management Model (monthly); develop custom forecasting and reports out of this model as required; also work with FP&A Team on LIMS planning module and strategic support.
- Adhoc assist for Senior Mgmt in analyzing short and long term implications of fibre procurement trends and decisions.
- Track key Fibre metrics (particularly vs Budget and variance reporting), and provide value-add commentary and analysis in mgmt support.
- Work with GM Fibre Supply to develop monthly “Fibre Flash” report.
- Maintain fibre contract database and track renewals; coordinate (correct and complete) fibre procurement information transfer.
- Manage and distribute all Fibre Department reportables.
LIMS Management (& Fibre-Finance Overlap)
- LIMS system “owner” within Pinnacle; responsible for maintaining standardized setup, data integrity, and access / security; in coordination with LIMS Administrator other departmental users.
- Primary contact for 3LOG, IT, and internal users regarding system training, troubleshooting or updates.
- New fibre purchase (and hauling) contract entry; and verification / tracking of approvals.
- Support for complex Corporate Fibre account build (trades, sales, cost allocation); maintenance of Trade Module (in relation to Netsuite integration).
- The lead in closing fibre entries at period-end and batch processing / tracking; generate vendor statements for Finance review.
- Maintain vendor list; and communicate with AP regarding payment details and synced Netsuite set-up.
- Manage and build bulk upload templates in LIMS for mass data entry.
- A lead resource in development of improved process integration with LIMS.
- The lead in yearly system update implementation and testing; as well as maintaining various LIMS environments.
- A lead resource for the addition of new Pinnacle plants to LIMS system as required; including related testing, auditing, and (maybe) site travel.
- Develop and update 3LOG reporting, training protocols, and standard operating procedure documentation.
- Actively communicate with Fibre and Finance personnel regarding fibre-LIMS related process issues (scale, invoice rec, month-end, etc) and to ensure schedules / standards / accuracy of data uploads are maintained.
- An Accounting degree or diploma preferred; however, comparable business admin work experience (particularly within forest products or other manufacturing industry) would also be considered.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and thorough.
- Must be highly proficient in advanced Excel (modeling, lookups, pivots, etc).
- Proven commitment to Owning Safety, both personally and through positive influence of others.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across functions and department; a successful history within a multi-unit organization and/or as a training-lead is beneficial.
- Confident, efficient, and engaging (spoken and written) communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time; thrives in working autonomously.
- Works with a strong sense of ownership-of-task and follow-through; solution-focused.
- Is detail-oriented; and thorough in review and execution.
- Does not require all information to navigate effectively; can assess and self-direct.
- Able to adapt and succeed within changing priorities and schedules; flexible.
- Listens; and is able to process direction toward efficient application.
- Demonstrates a hands-on attitude; shows a willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Analytical; able to process data and derive conclusions / recommendations.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
- Ability to work in a team environment