Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, a fixture of Vancouver’s Coal Harbour neighbourhood for several decades, is in the hunt for a progressive Sales Manager
. Reporting to the Senior Director of Sales & Marketing, this individual Manager is responsible for proactively initiating, soliciting, and negotiating sales opportunities and contracts for the hotel. The Sales Manager engages regularly with prospective and existing clients, building long-term customer relationships that enable full achievement of sales objectives.
- Build and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients through activities that include, however are not limited to, sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, tradeshows, and trade association meetings.
- Conduct on-site tours and site inspections with prospective and incoming clients.
- Identify new business to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Provide accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management team.
- Participate in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Execute and support operational aspects of sales bookings; generating proposals, writing contracts and customer correspondence.
- Work with local event planners and third parties to sell the hotel’s 35,000 square feet of event space.
- Secure completed direct bill applications, distribution of credit information, and adherence to client billing procedures.
- Perform additional duties, as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency always.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Vancouver market, along with competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand; aptitude for knowing how to position the hotel against its Competitive Set.
- Must be self directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional service, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions, both verbal and written.
- Keen negotiation, decision-making, problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Opera Property Management System.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Minimum of 2 years of experience within an upscale hotel environment and 1 year previous experience in hotel sales.