Job Title: Full Charge Accountant
Reports To: Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day human resource and accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and completing general accounting functions as required for supporting Summit's departments and business operations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Creates journal entries, verifies account coding, and reconciles accounts.*
2. Reviews incoming mail and correlates accounts payable bills, invoices, and documentation.*
3. Matches accounts payable invoices with receiving documentation which includes reviewing for appropriate receipt of goods and the proper authorization of charge.*
4. Reviews other accounts payable documentation such as statements for any missing purchase or receiving items.*
5. Codes and inputs accounts payable invoices to the software database for payment processing.*
6. Processes approved disbursements for payment, print payment checks, and passes the printed checks to the signatory.*
7. Reviews incoming mail and correlates cash payment, statements, and documentation.*
8. Creates deposit slip and deposits cash receipts to bank and posts depostis to the general ledger.*
9. Responsible for the full cycle accounts receivable which includes the preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records.*
10. Prepares and posts general ledger adjusting journal entries as required.*
11. Responsible for general ledger maintenance.*
12. Posts weekly payroll.*
13. Responsible for the administration of quarterly business and payroll taxes.*
14. Prepares monthly financial statements.*
15. Maintains required business documents.*
16. Prepares annual 1099’s.*
17. Maintains financial document retention files.*
18. Prepares and reviews all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure.*
19. Reconciles all balance sheet accounts which includes reviewing for input accuracy.*
20. Prepare monthly reports and journal entries as needed.*
21. Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, reconciling, and summarizing account information and trends.*
22. Acts as primary liaison for benefits administration and staff benefit elections.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Foxfire, accounting software, payroll systems, and web based enterprise solutions software.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified public accountant, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.