At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping’s SaaS product group builds complex, microservice-based cloud applications that provide our customers with the ability to seamlessly integrate and orchestrate their identities among enterprise applications, SaaS offerings, and social platforms from Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce.com, ServiceNow, Zendesk, and many others.
We seek a Principal Software Engineer active in designing and building software architecture and capabilities within our Identity Management product suite. The position requires a strong design background, the ability to work in a fast moving agile environment, excellent communications skills, and a strong attention to quality, performance, extensibility, and best practices.
What you'll do:
- Function as a solid individual contributor on a high-output agile, full-stack development team.
- Act as senior developer for developing our SaaS Identity Management Platform APIs, backend support services and relational or nosql database technology.
- Design and develop APIs and highly scalable microservices for a cloud-based identity and access management platform.
- Design, develop and maintain test automation assets in a continuous integration, continuous deployment environment.
- Stay on the forefront of knowledge in the industry and share knowledge with other team members and with the company.
- Communicate effectively within the team and with other distributed teams.
- Integrate with open source packages as needed to achieve functionality.
- Actively support software quality engineering activities and testing.
- Mentor junior team members and drive technical discussions and solutions.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 10 years developing commercial products in Java with large scale relational or nosql databases, with at least 3-5 years of experience in SaaS products.
- Experience in cloud-based architecture and API design.
- Experience building applications to achieve high performance and scalability.
- Exceptional problem solving skills. Loves finding the best solution.
- Experience working with open source and open source tools.
- Strong knowledge of Java and practices in development.
- Experience with Spring Framework and REST API.
- Experience developing commercial products in Java with large scale relational (MySQL preferred) or nosql databases (Cassandra preferred).
- Experience in agile, iterative, RUP or XP environments.
- Experience rapidly deploying product features to production via CI/CD framework.
- Experience with cloud development tools (Git, GitLab, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Takes ownership of tasks and executes.
- Ability to create solutions via collaboration with peers.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently in complex technical environment.
- Shows attention to details.
- Experience in UI development with ReactJS or AngularJS
- Experience in ElasticSearch and MongoDB.
- Experience with identity management (SAML, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, Active Directory, LDAP, SCIM, user provisioning) is an asset.
- Experience with building products using microservices.