At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are seeking a student intern (co-op) Associate Quality Engineer to join our PingFederate team. PingFederate provides a highly versatile federation solution that allows users to securely access all the applications they need with a single login from any device. To achieve this, PingFederate bridges between standard identity security protocols like SAML, OAuth and
OpenID Connect into proprietary applications and portals.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will play an active role within our experienced team - furthering the success of our product and the happiness of our customers. Paired with a mentor, you will be assigned projects to improve the quality of our product and streamline our internal processes. The projects you work on will be challenging and will have real impact on our
- Develop and execute test plans that involve both automated and manual testing
- Enhance our cutting edge test automation framework
- Identify and document software defects and collaborate with developers to verify fixes
- Stage test environments to reproduce customer reported issues
- Actively participate in requirements, design and code reviews
- Self-motivated with a passion for software development, specifically in Java
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Understanding of object oriented programming concepts, design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with standard development tools, including: IDEs (IntelliJ or Eclipse), source control (Git), build (Maven) and CI tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with HTTP and REST APIs
- Fundamentals of databases using any RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres)
- Keen eye for detail, design and end user experience
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Strong interest in identity security
- Familiarity with cryptographic concepts and TLS/SSL certificates
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols, such as OAuth