Pineapple Procurement is a boutique Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment procurement company. We are a tight-knit team, managing a lot of client needs and details on a daily basis. We are looking for a strong project manager that can hit the ground running and thrive in an independent, remote working environment. We have a virtual office and all employees work remotely in various locations.
Project Manager/ Senior Project Manager Role
Responsible for managing individual projects as well as oversite of projects led by project managers and project coordinators.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Incredible work ethic
- Positive attitude, energetic, leads by example and motivates action from others
- Willing and able to train junior staff in a constructive manner
- Ability to see big picture and understands connection between all elements of a project
- Great sense of urgency
- Must be persistent with follow-up
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, effectively and efficiently from start to completion
- Superb interpersonal communication skills including the ability to train and manage staff as well as build rapport with vendors, designers and other project stakeholders (GC, Installers, logistics, etc)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work overtime when needed
- Must be willing and able to adapt to the demands of the project by determining best strategy for procurement and best tools to be used throughout the life of the project
- Must be willing to jump-in and take initiative, be proactive and do what is necessary to make the project successful. Must be flexible with process and strategy.
- Must be able to deal with people in a positive manner during stressful situations. Must be able to encourage and motivate people to get the job done.
- Must be able to read and understand design specifications, floorplans and shop drawings
- An eye for detail is crucial for success in this role.
- Ability to manage team members and projects in multiple time-zones. Must prioritize work accordingly to meet client and project needs and meet end of day deadlines for each region.
- Ability to prioritize tasks without getting overwhelmed
- Communicates information to stakeholders and team members in a clear and concise manner
- Must be nimble and able to adapt to project shifts with ease
Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Develop schedules with the understanding of product lead times, transit times and holiday closures
- Budget development and management
- Quantity matrix development and management
- Manage the pre-production submittal process and pushes for timely responses and approvals
- Oversees project manager(s) and coordinator(s) and is accountable for all active projects
- Must ensure that all spec details are threaded through all aspects of the project including: Specifications, purchase orders, budgets, matrix, bid analysis, reports, pre-production approval.
- Prepare and process RFQ's, bid analysis, quantity matrix, budgets, purchase order, payment vouchers, expediting reports
- Manage pre-production approval process
- Always has a pulse on all project activity - especially areas of risk
- 3+ years managing FF&E procurement projects
- Must be familiar with both FF&E and OS&E terminology/acronyms/industry vendors
- Some travel is required
- Bachelor's Degree in project management, business, hospitality or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Successful candidates will be career driven, self-motivated and willing to work extra hours during busy periods
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Tech savvy with the ability to use new software and adapt quickly.
- Must have a basic understanding of accounting
- Must have strong references
- Transparent communication style
Compensation: Based on Experience.
Start date: June 3, 2019
This is a Contract to Hire position.
Employee benefits include: Remote working environment, paid vacation, medical.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: