Perry Ellis International is interested in hiring a Staff Accountant to join their Accounting team. The ideal candidate will possess advanced MS Excel and excellent problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, work overtime when necessary and have strong communication skills. The Staff Accountant will be working on daily sales audit, credit card and cash reconciliations, in addition to the month-end closing. Exposure to the following software is preferred: Oracle, X-Stores, Adyen, and Shopify.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in month-end close activities
- Prepare and input monthly journal entries
- Reconcile Cash retail accounts
- Participate in Physical Inventory review
- Assist with Invoice matching
- Assist with special projects/studies & prepare analysis as needed
- Participates in year-end and interim audits
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Organizational and analytical skills to prepare journals and financial reports
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Associate's Degree required: Accounting or minimum 1-2 years of Retail Sales Audit or similar work experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel: pivot tables, v-look ups, and other formulas/functions.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices.