About the role:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting on the day to day accounting needs of the company, including but not limited to, assisting in regulatory filings and creating various month end journal entries and account reconciliations, reconciling daily/monthly banking transactions and performing AR collections and AR applications on a daily basis.
Why you should work here:
- You will hone your full cycle accounting skills
- You’ll improve your hard and soft skills
- The company culture is incredible
- The team is highly motivated to achieve
- As part of Vista Equity Partners, there is opportunity for advancement in the company and throughout the portfolio
What you’ll do here:
- Daily analysis of bank account transactions.
- Assist in regulatory filings and compliance reporting.
- Compile and prepare journal entries to the general ledger and prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Contribute to maintaining organized and accurate financial records
- Performs additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned
- Handle all aspects of Accounts Receivable to include invoice research and communication with customers (Property Managers) through phone calls and emails.
- Record daily deposits and apply cash to outstanding AR invoices.
- BA or BS degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- 1-3 years accounting experience or 3-5 years business experience
- Resourceful with researching needs
- Self-starter with attention to detail to prioritize multiple tasks
- Problem solving and organization skills, as well as the ability to multitask, collaborate and work well in a team environment
- NetSuite & SalesForce knowledge a plus
- Excellent communications skills with a customer service focus in working with property managers and internal staff a plus
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office (proficiency needed in Excel, Word, Outlook)
- JIRA knowledge a plus