At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a CNC Programmer/Machinist 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach. CA.
In this role, the selected candidate will be:
Capable of manufacturing very complex close tolerance machined hardware in a variety of materials, from Titanium, Invar, Kovar, Inconel, Macor, Fiberglass Epoxy, Aluminum etc.
Programming in MasterCam version 9 or higher, creating geometry or using Solid Models, IGES, STEP, DXF files, and 3 dimensional advanced programming techniques is a must. 4th and 5th axis programing a plus.
Well versed in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance per ANSI 14.5M 1982/1994 specifications to interpret true position and tolerance requirements.
Capable of using FADAL, HAAS, Mazak or OKK CNC milling and turning machines as well as using all manual support equipment and inspection tools to manufacture hardware with little or no direct supervision.
Willing to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements. Working hours are on a 9/80 schedule.
Must be willing to work 1st or 2nd shift
- High School Diploma/GED and 7 years of experience as a Machinist
- 4years' experience programming skills using Mastercam (or similar)
- Experienceprogramming, setup and then produce parts with minimum supervision
- Experiencemanufacturing very complex close tolerance machined hardware in a variety of materials, from Titanium, Invar, Kovar, Inconel, Fiberglass Epoxy, Aluminum.
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift and overtime as needed.
- Experience working multi axis machines
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.