Ensuring that company financial statements are in line with management’s requirements and industry standards, is part of the job description of a staff accountant. Working under the direction of the assistant controller, the staff accountant assists in the preparation of financial statements that meet standard accounting principles as well as state and federal regulations.
A staff accountant prepares and analyzes accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Its responsibilities include reconciling account balances, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful staff accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles applicable to financial reporting and forecasting. Duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness of all accounting tasks.
Ensure content programming rights and related subbing and dubbing amortization is accurate and timely booked
Reconcile programming assets and liabilities with backup systems
Review, analyze and approve programming payment calculations
Support ongoing improvement in the programming content accounting close (Landmark –SAP). Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
Perform monthly Blackline account reconciliations
Prepare financial close deliverables according to schedule
Provide input into department’s goal setting process
Suggest process improvements and assist in the implementation of internal controls
Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
Provide support on Ad Hoc assignments
Liaise with our FP&A and operational departments to ensure completeness of posted transactions
Supports external and internal audits
- Bilingual: English/Spanish, both oral and written
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business.
- Minimum of three years of GL accounting experience
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience with intercompany reconciliation and consolidation processes preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver while working under time pressure on multiple assignments
- Highly effective problem solving
- Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with other organizations and various levels of management
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Miami, FL – Telemundo Center.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.