National Oilwell Varco currently has a job opening for a Software Engineer/Developer in Leduc, AB. The Software Engineer/Developer provides software design, software development, and support for IMO products and systems.
Software engineers at National Oilwell Varco (NOV) are passionate about working on technologies that improve the way the oil services industry has traditionally operated. NOV’s mission is to push the boundaries of what is possible by using the latest technologies. Our products bring information where it is needed in real-time to facilitate critical decisions, promote automation, and decrease operator costs.
The ideal candidate is one who has a passion for learning, keeping up to date, and coming up with creative solutions to complex problems. NOV offers an environment where you will have a chance to learn and work in a team based setting with exceptional people. We provide an open atmosphere where better ways of doing things are encouraged, and people are inspired to perform at their fullest potential.
Software engineers contribute to the team’s success by analyzing requirements and designing creative solutions. They are then responsible for seeing through the implementation of this solution through the software development life cycle. The ideal candidate should be able to independently solve complex problems and be able to work under limited direction in a fast paced environment. Also, software engineers should be able to collaborate well with other engineers as well as other groups. The position requires a quick learner with a passion for using cutting-edge technology.
- Write clean, modular, and reliable code
- Research and keep up to date with new and upcoming technologies
- Debug software issues
- Work with product managers to determine requirements
- Document your work
- Possess a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Investigate, analyze, correct, and document reported defects
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with an OO programming language such as C#, C++, or Java
- Strong technical proficiency, ability to understand and troubleshoot complex algorithms
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to new problems
- Expertise in requirements clarification
- Skilled in estimating development time
- .NET Development experience
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- SPA / Full stack software development
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a company matching contribution RRSP, Health Spending account, and employer paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization, and an Educational Assistance Program.
To view all current openings, please visit nov.com/careers. We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.