Do you enjoy developing IoT products in small teams, and solving complex problems using the latest in cloud, mobile, and web technologies? If so, Location Services is the company for you. Our software development team is growing and looking for lead software developers who want to design, build, and ship enterprise-level applications. This is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of full life cycle development, gain direct user exposure, and contribute to our Agile software development processes. Our products are in their first generation, and there is much greenfield work to be done. Our users are just getting their hands on them and have great ideas for making them even better! We believe that great software is built by great people, and we do our best to empower our team with the right tools, collaboration, and process to make them successful.
- You will have the opportunity to craft the best software in our industry, running on IoT devices using the latest gadgetry and cloud API services.
- You will be able to interact with end users and product owners to create features and user stories that address tangible business needs.
- Our technology ecosystem is always evolving and so we will look to you for leadership in defining the architecture and technical design of our systems.
- We run a streamlined agile process, enabling you to ship releases regularly.
- You will be leading demo sessions for the awesome features you develop for our users.
- Our ecosystem has a lot of moving parts, so there are always interesting challenges in building API integrations between systems, designing database structures for massive amounts of data, or engineering offline solutions for our IoT devices.
- We will seek your input for suggestions on process and technology improvements.
- Our team is proactive about issues and risks without finger-pointing. You will be able to raise these issues to the team, so we can collaboratively solve them.
- You will have ownership of the applications you build, assuring quality delivery.
- You will have the opportunity to guide and mentor junior members of the team and work with industry veterans that will help you grow both professionally and technically.
- Ability to work efficiently with geographically distributed teams
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Excellent grasp of relational database design and querying concepts
- Experience with version control concepts, particularly Git, including branching and merging
- Solid experience with web service development and concepts is a plus
- Exposure to design patterns and SOLID design principles
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Solid grasp of unit testing theory and implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong soft skills, including interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are variable and based on business need. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand; however, we are respectful of your time and do our best to limit these instances.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field OR equivalent experience
- 4+ years of development experience in PHP and LAMP technology stack.
- 4+ years of relational database experience including schema design and SQL.
- Competitive compensation package including base pay and production bonus
- Excellent benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision.
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off that progresses to 25 days off based off years of service
- Industry leading equipment
- Culture of Employee Recognition.
Location Services is the nation's only vertically integrated provider of end-to-end recovery, skip tracing, LPR, locksmith and transportation services within the automotive industry. We deliver more than just our services. Our strong drive for building relationships with our client and vendor partners is evident in our business operations and culture. Our dedicated staff caters to our client's SLA needs with integrity and commitment.
Location Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Location Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Full-time