Localised is a new company reimagining the cross-border ecommerce experience, and how brands and shoppers transact across borders, languages, currencies and cultures. Our "local-first" ecommerce platform builds highly localised ecommerce sites in distant markets on behalf of coveted U.S. and U.K. brands and retailers, helping them look, feel and behave “local” from the perspective of today’s empowered global shopper.
We are based in NYC with teams in Toronto, London, Warsaw, Bucharest and Hong Kong.
We live, obsess over, and celebrate the following core values:
- Brave. We are bold and ambitious. We are not afraid to test new ideas. We are resourceful. We solve hard problems in clever ways.
- Empathetic. We don’t pretend to know what all customers want. We listen intently. We are objective. We put ourselves in our customers’ shoes.
- Accountable. We got this. We do what we need to do. We don’t let each other down. We make commitments and keep them.
- Focused. We have very high standards. We don’t cut corners. We are specialists, not generalists. We choose depth over breadth.
We’re looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team and help build and code beautiful mobile-first websites in foreign markets for coveted US and UK brands. You’ll work closely with designers and product managers to implement the user interfaces that will be used by millions of international shoppers. You have a high bar for quality, consistency, maintainability, site latency, efficiency, security and all other aspects that make great software great.
As a Front End Engineer, you will:
- Work directly with designers, product managers, and back-end engineers to develop beautiful, secure, country-specific, mobile-first sites in foreign markets for our customers
- Identify, communicate, and implement repeatable processes that make site construction more effective
- Represent the team in product meetings and collaborate with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Participate in design and code reviews
This might be a perfect fit for you if:
- You have 3-5 years of serving in a front-end engineering role
- You have a strong intuition for great user experiences and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- You are a firm believer in testing and have familiarity with frameworks like Jasmine, Mocha, or Enzyme
- You have a diverse technical background and could be working at any level of the stack, but you’re passionate about front-end development.
- You possess intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical expertise to quickly earn the trust of the technical team
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and hard-working environment where the impact you make is immediate, obvious, significant and rewarding
- You live in the greater New York City or greater London area
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Localised unless you have a signed agreement with us. Localised does not accept unsolicited recruiter resumes and is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Localised and will be forwarded to our recruiters.