Join one of the world's fastest growing GovTech companies.
Localintel is expanding its R&D team in Vancouver, BC and we are looking for individuals with a strong background in software engineering and computer science fundamentals. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives on problem solving and building solutions that bring together software engineering, data science, machine learning, and expert knowledge to develop innovative location intelligence solutions.
The reason you'll want to join Localintel is because you're willing to make decisions that impact the business. Your most valuable skill is the ability to learn, closely followed by the ability to know when you don't know something. You're willing to have a go at anything, but also acknowledge when you need help from a specialist in the team. Finally, you believe in working efficiently and collaboratively to deliver products with the wow factor.
What You'll Do:
- Learn and work with wide range of cutting-edge technologies, libraries, and frameworks
- Develop innovative web-based location intelligence and market intelligence solutions
- Implement and improve the platform that drive our innovation
- Work with big datasets and effectively extract, prepare, access, and manage data from various sources, formats, and platforms
- Feasibility study, assessing risks, opportunities, and cost of projects and product features
- Engagement and exposure to full software development lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with solid foundation in core software development and engineering concepts
- Proficient in C# or Java
- Coding experience in Python
- Solid Knowledge of SQL and relational data modelling
- Ability to write clean, scalable, reusable, secure, and maintainable code
Nice to Have:
- Solid understanding of Angular concepts and patterns
- Experience in creating, integrating, and managing RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience with Python libraries for Data Science and machine learning such as Pandas and TensorFlow
- Familiar with Linux and Docker
- Track record of contribution to open-source projects
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a major contribution to a fast growth startup
- Competitive salary, bonus and stock option plan
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Health Insurance and health spending account
- The chance to shape your own future and success
Localintel (https://localintel.co/) is a technology company that provide web and data solutions for cities and businesses who need valuable insights to make smarter, faster, more informed decisions. Our current product suite has won several national and international awards and we have clients in 21 US states and 7 Canadian provinces. Some of our better known clients include the cities of Washington DC, Seattle, Indianapolis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
Job Type: Full-time
- C# or Java: 2 years (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Required)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)