Join one of the world's fastest growing GovTech startups
As a part of our engineering team, you'll be designing, developing, testing, and improving our SaaS platform and work on projects that bring together data, artificial intelligence, and expert knowledge to develop innovative location intelligence solutions.This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of a startup culture and build something that will have a major impact on the well-being of communities and businesses across the globe.
The reason you'll want to join Localintel is because you are awesome, you're willing to work hard and you want to make decisions that impact the business. Your most valuable skill is the ability to learn, closely followed by the ability to know when you don't know something. You're willing to have a go at anything, but also acknowledge when you need help from a specialist in the team. Finally, you believe in working efficiently and collaboratively to deliver products with the wow factor.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop innovative web-based location intelligence and market intelligence solutions
- Implement and improve the platform that drive our innovation
- Work with big datasets and write codes/scripts/queries to effectively extract, prepare, access, and manage data from various sources, formats, and platforms
- Create awesome maps using cutting edge GIS and web-mapping technologies
- Feasibility study, assessing risks, opportunities, and cost of projects and product features
- Develop and executeTest Suites
- Learn and work with wide range of cutting-edge technologies, libraries, and frameworks
- Engagement and exposure to full software development lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- MUST be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Solid foundation in core software development and software engineering concepts including but not limited to object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, design patterns, software testing, and concurrency
- Familiar with Responsive Web Design Frameworks such as Bootstrap and Material
- Ability to write clean, scalable, reusable, secure, and maintainable code
NICE TO HAVE:
- Back-end development experience with C#orJAVA
- Solid understanding of Angular concepts and patterns
- Knowledge of SQLand relational databases fundamentals and hands-on experience with one or more RDBMS
- Experience in creating, integrating, and managing RESTful web services and APIs
- Coding experience in Python and experience with Python libraries for Data Science
- Familiar with the LinuxEnvironment
- Hands-on experience with trending web technologies, frameworks, and SDKs
- Track record of contribution to open-source projects and tech forums (e.g. GitHub, StackOverflow)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to make a major contribution to a fast growth startup
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Awesome office space in Downtown Calgary
- The chance to shape your own future and success
Localintel (www.localintel.co) is a SaaS company that provide web and data services for cities and businesses who need valuable insights to make smarter, faster, more informed decisions. At Localintel, we bring together technology, big data, and expert knowledge to develop innovative market intelligence and location intelligence solutions.
Our current product suite has won several national and international awards and we have clients in 21 US states and 7 Canadian provinces. Some of our better known clients include the cities of Washington DC, Seattle, Indianapolis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.
But this is just the beginning for Localintel and we need talented people like you to invent and implement new technologies that can help more businesses and communities survive and thrive.
If this sounds like the challenge you've been looking for, then apply now.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year