Localcoin is a Toronto-based company whose mission is to provide a simple buying/selling experience of digital currency for customers while upholding privacy across Canada. Our vision is to bring digital currency to the mainstream financial market.
Partnered with Canada’s leading corporate and franchise convenience stores, our rapidly expanding partnership network includes Canada’s largest corporate and franchise chain of convenience stores, including Gateway Newstands and Hasty Market. We currently have over 60 machines across Ontario and are rapidly expanding into Quebec, British Columbia, and the United States. We pride ourselves in being the first Litecoin and Ethereum ATM provider in Ontario. We’ve been featured in major media outlets including Vice Motherboard, Bitcoin.com and CP24. Our Toronto head office is conveniently located near Finch station.
Localcoin is a young, forward thinking team filled with specialized talent throughout each department. Comprised of business development, marketing, sales, and engineering teams, we are proud to employ some of the brightest minds in the cryptocurrency industry. All employees have equal opportunities to contribute to the success of Localcoin within a startup culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
As a Front End Developer at Localcoin, you will be responsible for creating a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experience. Working along side the Software Development, UX/UI Design and Digital Marketing team, you should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
- Building front-end components that integrates with WordPress
- Collaborating with Full Stack Developer to integrate UX design with web services
- Collaborating with Digital Marketing Specialist for new landing pages and other front-end tasks
- Adding conversion tracking and analytics to web pages
- Creating and/or modifying custom WordPress plugins
- Managing and maintaining WordPress website (backups, updates, style/template changes)
- Other tasks as required
Skills and Experiences
- 2+ years in front-end development working with back-end developers
- Experience maintaining and customizing WordPress platform
- Experience with Git and Agile methodology
- Experience with responsive web applications using frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation and Material UI
- Experience with mobile application design for Android and IPhone
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (all the elements included from the client side code to the data base integration)
- Experience with linux command line and OS management using SSH
Nice to have
- Experience in AngularJS or Angular, Firebase, TypeScript and NodeJS
- Experience in Programming languages for back-end (Python, PHP, JAVA)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- SEO background
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity to grow. As an ambitious start-up, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow
- Build your network. You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- Market rate access. You’re able to purchase Bitcoin below Canadian market rate with zero fees and discount coupon for all Localcoin Bitcoin ATMs nationwide
- Convenient location. We’re in the bustling Yonge and Finch area (with bottomless coffee, catered lunches and relaxing couch areas)
- Health spending account. We let you decide how to best prioritize your health and wellness
- Flexible work-life. We trust you know your schedule and work when you feel most productive