localcoin is a Toronto-based company whose mission is to provide a simple buying/selling experience of digital currency for customers while upholding privacy across Canada. Our vision is to bring digital currency to the mainstream financial market.
Partnered with Canada’s leading corporate and franchised convenience stores, our rapidly expanding partnership network includes Gateway Newstands, Hasty Market, Quickies and more. With over 130 terminals across Canada, Localcoin has solidified it's position as the Largest Bitcoin ATM provider in the nation.
As Ontario's first provider to integrate Litecoin and Ethereum, we pride ourselves on constantly innovating in the blockchain infrastructure space. With over unprecedented YTD growth in 2017, we have been featured on major media outlets such as Vice Motherboard, Bitcoin.com, Moneysense and CP24.
Localcoin is a young, forward thinking team filled with specialized talent throughout each department. Comprised of Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering teams, we are proud to employ some of the brightest minds in the Cryptocurrency industry. All employees have equal opportunities to contribute to the success of Localcoin within a startup culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity. If you are looking to be an integral part of a rapidly evolving industry see our current employment opportunities, or contact us!
As a Back End Developer at Localcoin, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining functional and stable web applications for our company, ensuring system consistency and great user experience. Working along side the Software Development, Design and Digital Marketing team, you should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Create and maintain Payment Processing Integration using Micro-service and Java technologies.
- Extend features of our Crypto server to provide the business needs with top solutions.
- Work on development pipeline using Git, Maven, Sonar and CircleCI.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Other tasks as required
Skills and Experiences
- 3+ years in back-end development and strong knowledge in JAVA Programming language.
- Experience with HTTP, RESTful services, using Spring-boot and JPA.
- Experience with JUnit and Unit Testing of Spring MVC Controllers.
- Experience developing effective RESTful services using Java Web Containers like Tomcat, Jetty or JBOSS.
- Proficient in SQL and relational database design;
- Experience on Git, Maven, CI and CD;
Nice to have
- Computer Science and/or Engineering Degree
- Experience with Fire-base
- Expertise using Swagger and/or Postman tools
- Experience on NodeJS and NPM management as well
- Experience with AngularJS/Angular
- Expertise on Python/PHP programming for web
- Expertise on Linux platforms and BashShell commands
- Experience with Sonar and Jenkis
- Good understanding of cloud environments like AWS
- Good understanding private and public keys and its usage on communications like HTTPS protocol
- Good understanding of Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity to grow. As an ambitious start-up, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow
- Build your network. You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- Market rate access. You’re able to purchase Bitcoin below Canadian market rate with zero fees and Discount coupon for all Localcoin Bitcoin ATMs nationwide
- Convenient location. We’re in the bustling Yonge and Finch area (with bottomless coffee, catered lunches and relaxing couch areas)
- Health spending account. We let you decide how to best prioritize your health and wellness
- Flexible work-life. We trust you know your schedule and work when you feel most productive
- Team Socials. We gather together for frequent dinners, social outings and team building exercises
- Continual Education. You are given dedicated time during work hours for self-development and learning