ABOUT THE JOB:
Under the supervision of the Field Service Manager, the Junior Technician performs a variety of tasks related to the installation of smart home and security products.
Duties include performing residential and commercial installations, training customers, managing stock transfers and regular inventory audits, and performing service work as required.
- Completion of scheduled service of alarm and home automation systems including but not limited to door and window sensors, motion sensors, glass break sensors, remote controls, cameras, thermostats, door locks, appliance modules and all other products.
- Being reasonably available to self dispatch to service calls and insuring prompt arrival to customers' homes and businesses.
- Providing reports of weekly inventory of on hand equipment and pulled equipment as well as operational and defective equipment.
- Responsible for insuring that defective equipment is returned to the inventory department.
- Must be willing to travel locally as required to perform the service needs of the company's customers.
- Must have a clean driving record which satisfies the company's standards and requirements as well as a valid current driver's license.
- Must be able to see, hear, write and speak the English language with proficiency.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach and bend for extended periods of times.
- May be required to exert up to 50 lbs of force occasionally and up to 20 lbs of force frequently.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and sufficiently flexible to crawl through attics and crawl spaces when required.
- Must have considerable dexterity in his/her hands, fingers and wrists in order to perform the service work.
- Must have good vision particularly when there is a need to see smaller tools or parts or to take measurements.
Training provided, CANASA and Alarm.com certified programs
Hourly & Contract Rates Available. Full Time Junior starts at $22.50 per hour.
Candidates must obtain a criminal record check, driving abstract, and a provincial Security Workers Licence prior to starting work
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- similar: 3 years (Required)
- White Rock, BC (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)