The Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements while applying the basic principles of accounting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pulls data from pharmacy and medical equipment sales software for analysis and calculations
- Prepares general ledger entries and records transactions into accounting software
- Assists with preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
- Prepares daily bank deposits and reconciles sales registers.
- Keeps adequate change for retail and lottery.
- Calculates commissions and works with payroll data
- Assists in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Participates in semi-annual physical inventory count
- Works with accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable records
- Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides back-up for other accounting staff.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participates in traditional and e-learning programs.
- Performs all job functions with Company Mission, Vision, and Goal Statements in mind.
1. Reporting: (Productivity and Metrics)
* Weekly reconciliation of cash and American express
* Weekly review of pharmacy reports for profitability
* Weekly review of open orders in Brightree in preparation for monthly closing.
* Complete work within normal monthly accounting cycle.
2. Customer Experience
* Research and answer customer's questions regarding financial matters.
* Work with department managers to answer accounting and budget questions.
* Provide excellent service
* Verification of journal entries
* Financial reports
* Calculation of payroll commissions.
- Financial Management. Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
- Ethical Conduct.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Learning Orientation.
- Goal Oriented.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. All departments support the retail operation of the business. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, calculators, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must demonstrate the ability to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, which may include but is not limited to: computers, calculators, and other office supplies. Requires stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone; manual dexterity to perform job functions and stamina to frequently sit for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, which may sometimes requires long hours and may require weekend work.
This position may require some travel for seminars, tradeshows, and trainings.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance
- 1 to 3 years' experience in a similar position
- Must demonstrate practical knowledge of computers, software, and products applicable to the industry. Additionally, the applicant is expected to demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental program structure (Mission, Vision, and Goal Statements), and department policies and procedures. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed, and have the ability to demonstrate effective time management skills while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate proficient ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, and analysis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting/Finance: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off