About the Position
The Accountant II will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other accounting best-practices to compile financial information, process accounts payable and reconcile general ledger accounts to proactively identify and resolve any issues or reconciling items related to enterprise expenses processed by the Accounting team with limited supervision. The individual who excels in this role will use their skills to enter data into various Accounting systems, prepare and review financial statements, receive, sort and proof accounting documents, and process request/transactions, as appropriate to support the Credit Union and/or affiliates.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Process all accounts payable for LGFCU and its affiliates in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner, including preparing invoices, posting entries, and other accounting related tasks for partner initiatives.
- Obtain and verify applicable tax documentation, ensuring accurate and thorough information is reported to the appropriate taxing agencies (W-9, 1099).
- Initiate, process, and review journal entries posting to various accounts.
- Record, audit, verify and reconcile daily activity in the general ledger, while identifying, researching and resolving differences.
- Coordinate, organize and present conclusions on data from diverse sources.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as, applicable laws, regulations, and GAAP in all job duties.
- Process accounts receivable including preparing invoices, posting entries, and other accounting related tasks for partner initiatives.
- Assist with month end close process and prepare financial statements.
- Actively work with other team members to develop standardized, streamlined, and efficient processes, including documenting Standard Operating Procedures and making recommendations to increase efficiencies
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of accounting and/or accounts payable experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills with strong service orientation and ability to work successfully in a collaborative, dynamic, team environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet and the ability to function in a commercial business office environment and utilize standard office equipment.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Some travel may be required.
Here are a few qualifications we’d LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- BA/BS or equivalent accounting experience.
- Experience preparing general ledger account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., VLookups and Pivot Tables).
- Experience with Intacct and Certify Accounting Software
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
3600 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609