Are you a self-starter and in love with all things Local? Do you love good food and where it comes from? Then apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and resume. Grocery/retail experience preferred, but above all, a great attitude and passion for the business is required. We can't wait to meet you!
Description & Responsibilities
As a Store Associate at Local Foods, you are responsible for:
- Every aspect of the retail customer experience. This is a versatile role at Local Foods that touches every department of the store, supporting Market Manager and department leads
- Being engaging and approachable at all times. Offering helpful suggestions across the store and ensure prompt service times and a great customer checkout experience
- Being accountable for ensuring product is fresh, within date, in-stock, signed & labeled correctly, accurate inventory management, and food safety product presentation
- Maintaining a positive work environment on the retail floor and training new team members as needed
- Making good use of excess time by supporting other departments and productively managing hours
Key Operational Duties
- Serve as the main point of contact between Local Foods and the public
- Stock shelves and displays across multiple departments. Execute merchandising plans.
- Handle multiple duties simultaneously; professionally handle multitasking
- Complete date audits and partner with managers on findings
- Aid in the curation of product selection.
- Scan, handle, and bag all merchandise
- Utilize Point of Sale system to complete sales transactions
- Closely follow all store opening and closing routines; complete daily to do lists as necessary
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to spot guest issues and provide quick resolution
- Able to accurately handle cash register operations
- Flexible work schedule (e.g. nights, weekends, holidays)
- Regular attendance necessary
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the market as needed
- Produce & Farm to Table knowledge and interest a plus
Local Foods is Chicago's first wholesale distributor and retailer of primarily local foods from the Midwest's best farmers. We source and deliver the finest farm foods to consumers, restaurants, grocers, schools and institutions. Through our one-of-a-kind Bucktown processing facility, event space and retail store, we bring the stories of producers to life. We started Local Foods to simplify the way Midwestern farmers' products are brought to market, and to make the best tasting local foods easy and accessible.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
- retail: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Employee discounts
Employees working per shift: