Title: Sales Account Manager Reports to: Director of Sales
Job Duties: The Sales Account Manager is responsible for the development of independent restaurant and other related foodservice business through new sales and account penetration.
- Identify prospective customers and new opportunities within existing accounts
- Utilize a consultative, relationship-focused approach to drive sales and meet profit targets in assigned geographic areas and priority customers
- Work with talented chefs on a daily basis, becoming familiar with their expectations
- Generate new business through networking, publications, cold calling and referrals
- Prepare and execute sales strategies which are in-line with both customer needs and company goals
- Perform administrative duties such as preparing proposals, reporting and maintaining account information in the CRM
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through frequent, high-quality interactions
- Other areas of knowledge and learning include: Inventory management, on-farm production practices, sustainable farming techniques and in-depth product knowledge (varieties, cooking applications, taste, and seasonality)
- Work as a team player and effective communicator with management, peers, customers and vendors in a timely and respectful manner.
- Bachelor's Degree or other post HS degree
- Strong food knowledge and experience with quality full-service restaurants
- 2+ years outside sales experience
- Superior knowledge of Midwest produce/meat/cheese/dairy a plus
- Account management and project planning skills
- Existing relationships in Chicago restaurant and food distribution spaces a plus
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Proven track record on relationship building
- High-level presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact
- Able to exercise good judgment in determining workflow, priorities, and time/territory management
- A car, valid driver's license and driving record in good standing
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Local Foodsis Chicago's first wholesale distributor and retailer of primarily local foods from the Midwest's finest farmers. We source and deliver the finest farm foods to consumers, restaurants, grocers, schools and institutions. Featuring a full line of produce, meats, dairy, eggs, preserved and value-added products, we showcase the same high-quality, nutrient dense foods you'd discover at the best farmers markets. Through our one-of-a-kind Bucktown distribution center, event space and retail store, we make the best tasting local foods easy and accessible.
Job Type: Full-time
- outside sales: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules