Organization: Local Foods Grocer & Distributor is Chicago's first wholesale distributor and retailer of primarily local foods from the Midwest's finest farmers. We source and deliver the finest farm foods to consumers, restaurants, grocers and institutions.
We created Local Foods to simplify the way Midwestern farmers' products are brought to market and to make the best tasting local foods easily accessible.
Featuring a full line of meats, dairy, eggs, produce and value-added products, we showcase the same high-quality, nutritious foods you'd discover at the best farmers markets. As a 100% source-identified purveyor, we build relationships with trusted farmers so you know exactly who is growing your food.
Title: Inside Sales Associate
Job Duties: The Inside Sales Associate, working collaboratively with the sales team, will assist outside sales orders through communications skills, knowledge of product and inventory. Inside sales will assist in office management and administrative tasks. This individual will also develop a leads list creating for potential new business and segment research. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
Hours: Full-time, weekends may be required.
Responsibilities also include:
- Manage invoicing of daily orders, sampling and product sales, including creating invoices for new orders and reconciling invoices with orders as delivered
- Communicate between operations and sales as needed to complete fulfillment process and provide essential feedback to all departments
- Handle incoming Customer Service Inquiries, and communicate with customers regarding daily orders
- Assist with filing and other administrative tasks related to invoicing, customer account management and setup, customer relations management
- Create, update and distribute information about producers and other sales materials, including accurately filling out specialized order forms, catalogs, etc.
- Research and Cold call prospective clients, Identify lead buyers and collect contact information
- Collect pertinent sales information about prospective clients
- Manage customer leads with account managers
- Create new customer account information and file
- Research new segment & target areas for sales
- Work as a team player and effective communicator: Interact and communicate, both written and verbally, with management, sales / procurement team, customers and vendors in a timely and informative manner.
- 2 yr. college degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 yr. work experience in related field
- Enthusiastic and interest in working in a fast-paced start-up company culture
- Able to perform basic math calculations
- Strong knowledge of food products
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent listening skills
- Exceptional verbal communication
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Ability to work as part of a growing and close team
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- inside sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Employee discounts