Local Foods is looking for a DELI/PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE to sling cheese (and other deli items) and provide fantastic customer service. Full or part-time position available for the right candidate.
About the DELI/PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
- You are passionate about the artisan food world. You have an insatiable curiosity about food that keeps you looking out for that next great food to try, and then sharing the foodie love with friends, customers, and basically anyone who will listen!
- You are engaging and approachable at all times - with customers, fellow staff, and management.
- You have previous experience working in a retail environment with specialty food (preferably with cheese or deli items, but not necessary)
- You have basic knife skills and are interested in learning basic cooking techniques and raw butchery cuts
- You are willing to commit to the position for at least one year, with weekend, evening, and holiday availability
- Lead the deli business and daily operations of the designated area
- Own the ordering and in-stocks of cheese and deli items. Communicate with Production Manager for house-made deli items
- Stock the store and create gorgeous displays - ensure a full area all day long
- Provide fantastic customer service. Including but not limited to:
- Offer helpful suggestions across the store and ensure prompt service times
- Cut and wrap items for customers
- Design and build cheese/meat boards
- Educate customers on products on both RTC and deli
- Be accountable for ensuring product is fresh, within date, in-stock, signed & labeled correctly, accurate inventory management, and food safety product presentation
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Cleaning/facing of retail cases
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures rotation requirements for all butcher, deli, and RTC products are consistently achieved.
- Cross-train in butcher department for counter help as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager/Head Butcher
- Love for cheese and meats required
- Basic knife skills
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Able to spot guest issues and provide quick resolution
- Regular attendance necessary
- Has a positive attitude and a great sense of quality and urgency
- Must maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- Adherence to sanitation and safety procedures
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and repeatedly
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the market as needed
- This position is paid hourly
- Employee discount
About Local Foods
Local Foods is Chicago's first wholesale distributor and retailer of primarily local foods from the Midwest's best farmers. We source and deliver the finest farm foods to consumers, restaurants, grocers, schools and institutions. We started Local Foods to simplify the way Midwestern farmers' products are brought to market and bring the stories of producers to life. We want to make the best tasting local foods easy and accessible! We put an emphasis on great food and great relationships - with our farmers, staff, and with our customers.
This position is open immediately. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of Local Foods that all employees and applicants be afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour